In the two previous issues of Archaeology International, life at the Institute in the 1950s was recalled by a former student, Peter Gathercole, and a former member of staff, Sheppard Frere.
Charles Higham, who is now Professor of Anthropology at the University of Otago in New Zealand, studied for the diploma in Roman Archaeology at that time. He provides a student's counterpoint to the article by Professor Frere, based on impressions recorded in his diary, including the Institute's move in 1958 from Regent's Park to its new building in Gordon Square.
How to Cite:
Higham, C., (2004). Life at the Institute of Archaeology, 1957-59. Archaeology International. 8, pp.10–13. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5334/ai.0804