For further information about these images, or to know more about the Institute’s
archival holdings, contact Ian Carroll (Collections Manager): email@example.com.
The Institute’s skull collection under study in its basement store in the
Gordon Childe in 1956, with Joan Sheldon (left) and Silvia Mann (an Institute
student), during a visit to the excavation by Richard Atkinson and Stuart
Piggott of the Neolithic ‘long barrow’ at West Kennett, Wiltshire.
Joan du Plat Taylor was Librarian of the Institute of Archaeology from 1945 until
her retirement in 1970.
The Institute of Archaeology library at St John’s Lodge, Regent’s Park, in the
The conservation laboratory on the top floor of the Institute’s new building in
Gordon Square completed in 1957.