The Institute of Archaeology's original home at St John's Lodge, Regent's Park, from 1937-57.
Gordon Childe, Director of the Institute from 1946-57, with a teddy bear given to him by students at Brno University.
Kathleen Kenyon working on material from Jericho, where she excavated from 1952-58.
The Library at St John's Lodge.
The current Institute of Archaeology building nearing completion in early 1957.
Rod Clough, a research student in 1958-59, who went on to lecture at the University of Auckland.
Dr John Waechter giving a lecture about worked flint, in1958-59. Waechter went on to
excavate at Olduvai Gorge in the 1960s.
Two new lecturers at the Institute in the early 1970s. On the left, Mark Hassall, and on the right, Richard Reece, both members of the former Department of the Archaeology of the Roman Provinces.
Henry Hodges with a student in 1958-59.
Students using the Institute's first computer network: 'dumb' terminals linked to a mini-computer in the adjacent room (c.1985).
Sir Mortimer Wheeler, Director of the Institute from 1937 to 1944, shown here at Maiden Castle, which he excavated from 1934 to 1937.